Jy is a highly experienced technology, outsourcing and data lawyer.
Jy has advised customers and suppliers in Australia, Asia and Europe on complex and business critical multi-jurisdictional IT projects, including IT outsourcing, cloud services, software development, licensing, IT service provision, major systems implementation, procurement, digitisation and complex commercial and business transformation projects. Jy also advises on data protection, privacy and cyber security matters.
Jy has spent time on secondment with a global technology services provider and in the technology legal team in a regulated financial institution, as well as having spent time in-house with a global financial institution.
Jy's experience includes advising:
- one of the largest mobile operators in South East Asia on a multi hundred million dollar complex IT transformation project relating to its mission-critical business support system
- an international financial institution on a panel arrangement for the procurement of application development and support and maintenance services from a number of global IT services providers
- a global bank on cloud services agreements with a number of critical service providers, including advising on data protection and privacy obligations and financial services regulatory requirements
- a US headquartered technology products provider on an agreement for the provision of cloud services in mainland China, including regulatory requirements for internet data centre providers
- a multinational resources company on a systems integration and licensing agreement for its global document management system
Jy holds a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours and Bachelor of Arts from the Australian National University. Jy is admitted to practise in Australia.