Julie has an unusually broad base of experience gained from working across practice areas in multiple sectors. This allows her to understand the wider commercial backdrop to environmental issues. Time spent in-house with clients has also been invaluable to understanding the client perspective and she is praised by clients for insight and being very capable.
Julie is ranked as a Leading Individual by Legal 500 UK and as a Star Associate by Chambers UK.
Julie's experience includes:
- defending extractive industry clients against leading class action cases brought in the English courts in respect of the operations of overseas subsidiaries.
- advising Cuadrilla Resources on environmental permitting for shale gas exploration sites in Lancashire
- environmental due diligence and negotiation of indemnities in M&A transactions across all sectors
- advising a consortium bidding in the divestment of the gas distribution network assets of National Grid Gas
- providing environmental input on permitting and waste issues in the context of a string of biomass power developments
- advising on 2 major transnational gas transportation pipeline projects and other overseas oil and gas projects involving application of international standards and the Equator Principles
Julie is a Nottingham law graduate and has a Masters' degree in European and International environmental law from UCL. She qualified in commercial/finance practice and has been practising environmental law since 2005.