Juliana has over 25 years of experience in conducting complex disputes and has acted for some of Australia’s leading companies in Bet-the-Company litigation. A trusted Board adviser and experienced client relationship partner, Juliana has particular expertise in crisis management and working with clients in highly regulated industries. She has had a broad sweep of experience across multiple sectors and areas of the law in both domestic and cross-border matters. She has been involved in a number of leading cases at trial and appeal and represents clients in litigation, alternative dispute resolution and regulatory processes. She has had significant experience with key regulatory bodies in Australia including ASIC, ACCC, ATO, AUSTRAC and ICAC.
Juliana is listed in Best Lawyers for Bet-the-Company Litigation (one of only three solicitors in NSW) and is regularly noted in Chambers Global and Legal 500 as a leading practitioner in her field.
Juliana's experience includes:
- acted for Tabcorp in the defence of a major action brought by AUSTRAC under the AML/CTF legislation
- acted as lead partner in a series of cases for Tabcorp involving constitutional and competition issues
- acted for Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) in proceedings against the ACCC
- acted for White Energy in cross border proceedings arising out of a collapsed joint venture in Indonesia
- defended the State of New South Wales against claims made by Austeel over a failed steel mill project
- defended ConocoPhillips in proceedings concerning the legality of the Timor Gap Treaty and related petroleum contracts
Juliana holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales.