Julia works on a range of planning and development matters including advising on planning and highways agreements, environmental impact assessments, reviewing planning and development consent order application documents and environmental statements. Julia also advises on all planning and environmental aspects of corporate and real estate transactions.
Prior to moving to London, Julia worked in New Zealand advising a wide range of corporate and private clients and local and regional authorities on a wide range of planning and environmental matters. Julia also has litigation experience and has appeared as junior counsel in the High Court, Environment Court (New Zealand's specialist planning and environment law appellate court), as well as before Independent Hearing Panels and Council Committees.
Julia's experience includes advising:
- EDF Energy in respect of pre-application matters relating to the proposed Sizewell C new nuclear power station in Suffolk
- AQUIND Limited in relation to their proposals for a High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) subsea and underground electric power transmission link between the South of England and Normandy in France
- Blackstone in relation to the acquisition of a large portfolio of industrial properties across the UK
- Copenhagen Investment Partners on the acquisition and development of a biomass-fired power plant
- Argent Related on the redevelopment of Tottenham Hale to provide over 100,000sqm of floorspace comprising over 1,000 residential units, retail, office and leisure floorspace and a new health centre across six buildings up to 38 storeys in height