Josie has experience in a broad range of financial transactions, which include acting for clients across a range of industries.
Josie provides clients with advice relating to:
- debt capital market transactions in the Australian domestic and Euro/Asian markets
- corporate financing including secured and unsecured, syndicated and bilateral facilities
- structured receivables financing transactions
- senior and mezzanine property financing
Josie has gained a unique commercial understanding having completed a number of client secondments, most recently to NAB’s Capital Markets and Advisory Legal Team, where she provided legal support to NAB’s capital markets business teams with respect to various wholesale and retail debt and hybrid capital market transactions. These experiences have given Josie a deeper understanding of the issues faced by our clients.
Clients appreciate Josie for her technical excellence and ability to efficiently drive a transaction, with a global client recently crediting Josie as having “a great style that kept things moving along”.
Josie’s recent experience includes acting for:
- the lenders (including banks and various institutions) to the Visy Group
- Ampol in relation to the issue of its A$500m subordinated convertible notes
- the arranger and lenders as lead counsel in relation to a US$1.65b secured refinancing involving over 40 jurisdictions globally
- Lendlease in relation to its PLLACes transactions in relation to Barangaroo
- ANZ in relation to various structured receivables financing arrangements
- NEXTDC in relation to its issue of unrated Notes III and Notes IV
Josie has a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Arts from Monash University. Josie was admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia in 2007.