Joshua is a corporate law specialist and assists clients across a variety of industries in structuring, negotiating and implementing significant corporate transactions.
Joshua has extensive experience advising Australian and international clients in relation to both domestic and cross-border transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, corporate restructures and general corporate advisory and securities law matters involving the Corporations Act, the ASX Listing Rules and Australia’s foreign investment framework.
Prior to joining the firm’s Corporate practice, Joshua worked in the firm’s Disputes practice, with a focus on financial services regulatory matters and intellectual property litigation.
Joshua’s recent experience includes advising:
- Allegro Funds on its acquisition of Toll Global Express, the express parcel, freight delivery and domestic forwarding arm of the Toll Group, which serves more than 36,000 customers, employees more than 8,000 people and generates more than $3 billion in annual revenue
- Kokusai Pulp & Paper Co., Ltd. on its successful acquisition of ASX-listed Spicers Limited by way of scheme of arrangement
- ERAMET SA on its successful A$350 million hostile off-market takeover bid for ASX-listed Mineral Deposits Limited
- Toyota Tsusho Corporation on its A$282 million acquisition of a 15% shareholding in ASX-listed global lithium carbonate supplier Orocobre Limited
- the senior lenders to BIS Industries in respect of its A$1.2 billion restructuring, by way of two creditors’ schemes of arrangement and a debt for equity swap under which the senior lenders obtained ownership of 96% of the BIS group
- George Weston Foods Limited on its private treaty acquisition of Australian dips manufacturer Yumi’s Quality Foods Pty Ltd
- iProperty on its $750 million acquisition by realestate.com.au by way of scheme of arrangement
Joshua holds a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Sydney and is admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Prior to working at Herbert Smith Freehills, Joshua was the Researcher to Justice Hammerschlag and the Judges of the Commercial List, and acting Tipstaff to Justice White, in the Equity Division of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.