Josh is a senior associate based in London and a member of the firm's international tax practice. He has advised clients on numerous strategic tax matters, including public and private M&A, establishing and reorganising businesses and litigation with tax authorities. He also regularly advises partnerships on legal matters arising on their establishment and in the course of their business dealings.
Josh has considerable expertise advising professional and financial services firms and other businesses operating in regulated sectors. He regularly publishes articles on legal developments relevant to these clients, including recent pieces on the taxation of intangible fixed assets and the VAT exemption applicable to investment management services.
Josh's experience includes advising:
- Tryg A/S on the recommended £7.2 billion takeover of FTSE-100 listed insurer RSA
- Willis Towers Watson on the sale of Miller Insurance Services LLP, a leading wholesale broker, to Cinven and GIC
- KPMG UK on the disposal of its UK pensions advisory business to Exponent
- Strutt & Parker LLP on its merger with BNP Paribas Real Estate
- TP ICAP plc on its acquisition of Louis Capital Markets, a UK LLP broker-dealer
- Wesfarmers on its acquisition of the Homebase business from Home Retail Group
- Several multinationals on tax litigation proceedings
- BEAM on the establishment of a crowdfunding platform to tackle homelessness in the UK
Josh was an undergraduate at Oxford University before taking the conversion course to become a lawyer. He joined the firm in 2012 and qualified as a lawyer in 2014. He is learning Spanish in his spare time and is actively involved in the firm's pro bono activities.