Josh is an associate based in London and a member of the international tax practice. He advises clients on strategic matters, including mergers, acquisitions and disposals, establishing and reorganising businesses and commercial disputes.
In addition to his specialism in tax law, Josh acts for listed and privately-held companies, partnerships and funds on corporate and partnership law matters arising on their establishment and in the course of their business dealings in the UK and overseas.
Josh has particular experience advising professional and financial services firms and regulated businesses.
Josh's experience includes advising:
- a range of leading independent asset management firms on business restructurings, new governance arrangements and staff incentivisation programmes across multiple jurisdictions
- government and sovereign wealth fund clients, including UK Government Investments and the Qatar Investment Authority, on significant new acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures
- Willis Towers Watson on its majority investment into Miller Insurance Services LLP to form a new combined wholesale broking business
- Strutt & Parker LLP on its merger with BNP Real Estate
- BEAM on the establishment of a crowdfunding platform to tackle homelessness in the UK
Josh studied Classics as an undergraduate at Oxford University (New College) before taking the conversion course to become a lawyer. He is learning Spanish in his spare time and is actively involved in the firm's pro bono activities.