Joshua specialises in complex cross-border disputes and international arbitration. He has a broad commercial practice, with a focus on the energy and TMT sectors. He has recent experience in commercial, joint venture and shareholder disputes.
Joshua has acted as counsel in international arbitration and Singapore court proceedings. He has handled cases under the rules of the SIAC, HKIAC and VIAC as well as ad hoc cases. He is also an adjunct tutor at the National University of Singapore, where he teaches legal writing, research and advocacy to undergraduates.
Joshua's experience includes:
- representing an energy major in a multi-billion dollar claim in SIAC arbitration proceedings arising from the purchase of oil and gas assets in the North Sea
- defending the founder of a cryptocurrency platform in HKIAC arbitration proceedings
- defending a steel trading company in an SIAC arbitration for non-delivery of goods
- representing a Vietnamese company in a VIAC arbitration in a claim against its auditors
- advising an energy major in an ad hoc arbitration under petroleum concession agreements with the concessionaire state
Joshua graduated from the National University of Singapore with a first class bachelor's degree and New York University with a master's degree in international legal studies. He is admitted to the Singapore bar.