Josh regularly advises clients on high value strategic and complex syndicated lending, corporate finance, acquisition finance and real estate finance transactions. Josh has an advanced and integrated understanding of the complex body of banking and finance law, with a particular interest in personal property securities law, technological innovation in financial services and the development of new regulatory structures to support the proper functioning of the global financial system.
Josh advises domestic and international financial institutions and corporate borrowers, including leading Australian and international banks, non-ADI lenders, private and ASX listed companies, private equity funds, investment funds and superannuation funds.
His exposure to complicated and strategic cross-border elements of large-scale corporate, acquisition and real estate financing deals, coupled with his resourcefulness, technical expertise and can-do attitude, allow him to deliver timely and commercial advice to clients.
Josh’s recent experience includes advising:
- ANZ, Westpac, NAB and AustralianSuper on their development debt financing of the Australian Unity Healthcare Property Trust
- Westpac, ANZ, HSBC, BTMU and MetLife on their working capital debt financing of the Bapcor Group
- US private equity funds in connection with their acquisition financing, asset financing, debt positioning and restructuring for coal assets located in Australia
- Westpac on its residential development and investment debt financing to Capital Alliance
- EML Payments on its working capital and acquisition debt finance with ANZ and RBC
- Westpac on the refinancing of the project debt facilities provided to Transmission Operations Australia a company owned by CKI and Power Assets and owning and operating electricity transmission assets in Victoria
- Coles Group on the development debt finance and security aspects of the development, sale and leaseback of properties in Victoria
Josh holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce from Deakin University, as well as a Master of Banking and Finance Law (First Class Honours) from Melbourne University. Josh is admitted to practice as a solicitor in Victoria.
Josh is ranked as a finalist in the Lawyers Weekly 30 under 30 Awards for 2021.