I am a lawyer in the Projects Group, who is a dedicated team member committed to commercial and efficient service to clients. I have a mix of back and front-end experience in a broad range of sectors, including rail and road, energy and resources, social housing and communications. Having both worked in contract procurement and disputes, I assist clients navigate the procurement of their Projects so as to mitigate issues which often plague projects and lead to disputes.
In addition to assisting clients during both the procurement and delivery phases of a Project, I have unique experience in working in both the public and private sectors (including client secondments – the Level Crossing Removal Authority and Transurban). This has provided me with an insight into the approach and drivers the public sector looks for during procurement of a Project, including bid submission and post-preferred stage. It has also provided me with a unique look into the probity and confidentiality issues which are critical to comply with in engaging with the Government (whether Federal or State). Further, through my broad experience working in a broad range of sectors, I am familiar with various forms of contract procurement including PPPs, Alliances, EPC, D&C and AS forms.
- advising Winslow Infrastructure in its role as a Key Subcontractor on the Western Roads Upgrade PPP. This involved assisting Winslow through RFP phase, contract negotiation and finalisation, and ongoing advice and dispute mitigation strategies
- advising a shortlisted respondent throughout bid submission phase on the NSW Regional Rail Link PPP. As this submission required fully-negotiated downstream contracts, all D&C, O&M and interface arrangements were required to be finalised
- advising Rail Projects Victoria on all contract arrangements for the Regional Rail Revival Program being procured by the Victorian Government. This involves assisting at EoI, RFP and contract close stages, as well as assisting in the preparation of scope of works documents
- advising Alinta Energy on the EPC and O&M arrangements for the Yandin Wind Farm project in Western Australia
- advising EnergyAustralia on the contracting arrangements for the construction of a Water Treatment Facility for the Mount Piper Coal Station in the Hunter Valley. This involved advising on all construction and maintenance aspects of the Project, including various land arrangements with the local community