Joe's experience includes on-going advisory, transactional and litigious work for trustee and employer clients.
He specialises in helping clients to resolve their disputes in a wide variety of issues. Among other matters, these include disputes relating to the benefits payable under occupational pension schemes; professional negligence claims arising from professional services provided to trustees and employers; member complaints referred to the Pensions Ombudsman; and dealings with the Pensions Regulator.
Joe's recent experience includes advising:
- a trustee client on professional negligence claims against previous advisors and trustees
- the Board of the PPF in an appeal from the PPF Ombudsman regarding the operation of compensation caps (CH-2016-00303)
- a trustee client on its claims for the rectification of historic deeds purporting to grant the employer the power to change the rate by which pensions are increased and deferred pensions revalued under that plan
- a trustee client on a member complaint to the Pensions Ombudsman regarding the pension increase provisions of that plan
- a trustee client on their response to a member's application for permission to appeal a decision of the Pensions Ombudsman to the High Court.