A partner in the firm's dispute resolution practice, Joe has more than 20 years' experience helping companies handle complex commercial, consumer protection and product liability matters in federal and state courts throughout the United States, and has obtained successful business-oriented resolutions for clients both in individual cases as well as class actions and before the US multi-district litigation panel. Joe works with clients on US regulatory issues, and has counseled businesses on risk management strategies in connection with data privacy, storage and related issues.
Joe has handled an array of disputes and issues involving, among other matters, breach of contract, consumer products, investment contract disputes, digital systems services contracts, electronics, and packaging misappropriation. He has helped clients manage compliance and risk in connection with various US regulatory matters before both federal and state regulatory agencies. Joe advises international clients with respect to the US government's Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), which reviews certain inbound US investments, and leads the firm's efforts to advise clients about the potential impact of CFIUS and related issues on proposed US acquisitions or investments.
Joe has been recognized by Super Lawyers in connection with civil litigation and by Best Lawyers for his work in product liability and related matters. For data privacy and protection issues, Joe is a recognized Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US), credentialed through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
Joe's experience includes:
- representation of international manufacturer in commerical and contract litigation relating to US manufacturing and distribution efforts
- advising international clients with respect to US data hosting, privacy and related issues
- advising multinational tobacco holding company and affiliates in jurisdictional, cross-border and US litigation in US courts and international proceedings
- representation of non-US investors before the US government's Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) relating to investments in US companies
- advising European-based company regarding investment contract dispute under US law
Joe graduated from the Syracuse University College of Law in 1993 with a J.D. (magna cum laude). Joe was Managing Editor of the Syracuse Law Review, and was selected to the Order of the Coif. He obtained a B.A. from Haverford College in 1990 (Phi Beta Kappa). Joe served as Law Clerk to US District Court Judge Nicholas H. Politan in the US District Court for the District of New Jersey, from 1993-1995.