Jose María is a Junior Associate in the finance practice in the Madrid office, specialised in a wide range of financing transactions including leveraged finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance, corporate finance, project finance and restructuring and refinancing transactions. In addition, Jose María has been involved in several M&A transactions advising on corporate matters.
Jose María advises banks, private equity firms, alternative lenders, borrowers and sponsors in structuring and implementing all type of finance transactions.
His experience includes:
- Bank of Ireland and a syndicate of lenders on the financing for the acquisition of Palex Medical group by Ergon Capital
- Banco Santander on the financing granted to an SPV controlled by Ergon Capital for the purposes of the acquisition of Indo Optical
- Magnum Industrial Partners and Lexer on the financing for the acquisition of Medina Cuadros
- Ingesport group, a Spanish leading company of fitness centers controlled by Torreal and Mutua Madrileña, on the financing of up to €200m granted by ICG
- Incus Capital on the €30 million corporate financing granted to Grupo Villar Mir and Promociones y Propiedades Inmobiliaria Espacio
Jose María has a double Law and Business Administration degree awarded by the Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE E-3) in Madrid.
He also has a master's degree in International Business Law awarded by the Ramon Llull University (ESADE Business and Law School) in Barcelona.
In addition to Spanish as his native language, Jose María is fluent in English.