Jonathan is a litigation lawyer with a focus on class actions and commercial disputes.
Jonathan is a litigation lawyer with experience in class actions, commercial disputes and regulatory investigations.
Jonathan has acted for clients in a range of industries including banking and financial services, pharmaceutical and medical devices, and automotive. He has acted for clients in litigation in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Federal Court of Australia including matters that have been successfully resolved outside of court. He has also been involved in regulatory investigations by ASIC and APRA.
Jonathan holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of International and Global Studies from the University of Sydney.
Jonathan is admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and is admitted to practise in the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- an ASX listed company in defending a shareholder class action in the Federal Court of Australia
- a superannuation trustee in defending a class action relating to superannuation funds in the Federal Court of Australia
- a credit rating agency in defending proceedings relating to the ratings of financial products in the Federal Court of Australia
- an automotive company in defending a class action relating to Takata airbags in the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- an American NASDAQ listed company in defending multiple proceedings relating to allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct in the Federal Court of Australia