Jonathan has been exposed to a variety of matters ranging from renewable energy sector transactions in South Africa, B-BBEE driven restructurings, acquisitions, share sales, sale of businesses, share subscriptions and due diligences.
He also provides general corporate and company law advice, company and trust administrative assistance, as well as drafting and reviewing opinions, contracts and other corporate documents.
Jonathan's experience includes advising:
- Mulilo Renewable Energy Proprietary Limited on the acquisition of the entire shareholding of X-Elio Energy, S.L. in two solar projects, being Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV De Aar (RF) Proprietary Limited and Mulilo Renewable Energy Solar PV Prieska (RF) Proprietary Limited
- Mulilo Renewable Energy Proprietary Limited in relation to an equity investment by Stanlib
- Publicis Groupe Holdings B.V in relation to a debt to equity conversion through a subscription for preference shares in MMS Communications South Africa Proprietary Limited
- Bunengi Group Holdings Proprietary Limited in relation to its acquisition of shares in Cisco Systems Inc, a company listed on the Nasdaq, as part of a BEE transaction for Cisco Technology and Services (South Africa) Proprietary Limited
- Huge Group Limited in relation to a BEE transaction relating to Huge Connect, involving the subscription for preference shares by Huge Group and the subscription for ordinary shares by Windfall 111 Properties Proprietary Limited
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Jonathan completed his articles and worked as an associate for another large international law firm. Jonathan holds degrees in Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws (with distinction) from the University of the Witwatersrand.