Jonathan has been exposed to a variety of matters ranging from renewable energy sector transactions in South Africa, B-BBEE driven restructurings, acquisitions, share sales, sale of businesses, share subscriptions and due diligences.
He also provides general corporate and company law advice, company and trust administrative assistance, as well as drafting and reviewing opinions, contracts and other corporate documents.
Jonathan's experience includes advising:
- Scatec Solar on the disposal of interest in three Solar PV Projects*
- Enel Green Power on the introduction of minority shareholders into five wind farm projects of approximately 700MW*
- Huge Group on various South African transactions*
- Various clients on the restructuring of their South African subsidiaries for B-BBEE empowerment *
* experience prior to joining HSF in August 2019
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Jonathan completed his articles and worked as an associate for another large international law firm. Jonathan holds degrees in Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws (with distinction) from the University of the Witwatersrand.