Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin, Jojo advises clients on contentious banking litigation, mis-selling cases and financial regulatory matters. She has particular expertise in complex banking litigations and regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings.
She also advises on a general litigation, often with a cross-border element. Her experience includes shareholders' and boardroom disputes, joint venture disputes, enforcement cases, and arbitration-related court proceedings.
Jojo was seconded to UBS AG (Hong Kong Branch) during 2016, acting as its APAC Head of Anti-Bribery and Corruption, a role with local, regional and global responsibilities. During her secondment, she interacted with front office business and litigation teams across Asia.
Jojo's experience includes advising:
- one of the biggest state-owned Chinese banks in the PRC on a cross-border loan enforcement proceeding in Hong Kong, which has injunction and arbitration angles
- a leading private bank in defending a mis-selling claim by an investor over the adequacy of due diligence on a hedge fund investment, which later transpired to be a feeder fund for the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme
- a leading international bank in a potential mis-selling claim by an investor on accumulator/decumulator and foreign exchange transactions
- a global investment bank on Hong Kong High Court proceedings commenced by the regulator over the adequacy of sponsor due diligence in an IPO transaction
- a global investment bank on full-scale investigations by all the Hong Kong market regulators, including the SFC and the Commercial Crime Bureau
Jojo graduated from the University of Hong Kong with bachelor's degrees in law and social sciences (government and laws), and completed the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws at the same university. She is qualified as a solicitor in Hong Kong and in England & Wales.