John helps clients achieve the best outcome on private equity investments, including private equity real estate, infrastructure and energy. He works with investors, corporates and management teams on significant and high-profile transactions, including UK and international buyouts, mergers, acquisitions, disposals, takeovers, joint ventures, equity financing and management equity incentives.
The focus of John's work is acting for private equity funds on investments and disposals. John also brings his investor-side experience to bear in acting for management teams and investee companies in relation to private equity investments.
John's experience includes advising:
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of a natural gas pipeline from BG Group and BP
- Blackstone on its acquisition of commercial buildings 25 North Colonnade, business district Canary Wharf and office development Cannon Bridge House
- Carlyle on its sale of the Freeport retail outlets in Sweden, the Czech Republic and Portugal
- Cabot Square on the MBOs of Blue Motor Finance, JBR Capital and UK Energy Partners
- China Resources Land Limited on its joint venture with Colony Northstar Inc for the £309 million acquisition of 20 Gresham Street
- Gentrack Group Limited:
- on its separate acquisitions of Blip Systems A/S (Denmark), and CA Plus Limited (Malta), both suppliers of technology and software solutions to airports
- on its £43million acquisition of Junifer Systems Limited, a provider of customer information and billing systems to the utilities sector
- Goldman Sachs on its investments in eKomi and Africa Internet Group
- Metric Capital on a management buyout of a family-owned demolition and remediation business
- Ping An on its acquisition from 3i of the Tommee Tippee brand and associated management incentive plan
- Sky Bet on its equity investment (alongside William Hill Group) in NYX Gaming Group Limited in connection with the acquisition by NYX of the OpenBet business from Vitruvian Partners