John deals with commercial disputes, encompassing litigation, arbitration, mediation, investigations and advisory work. He has worked on contractual disputes, shareholder and joint venture disputes, partnership and LLP disputes, employment-related disputes and privacy, copyright and defamation issues.
- acting for Marathon Asset Management in relation to a high court claim against its former employees for the theft of confidential documents (The Lawyer, Top 20 case, 2016)
- advising a leading aerospace company as an interested third party in respect of a High Court product liability claim
- advising a leading bank in relation to a Serious Fraud Office investigation into one of its clients
- advising a high net worth individual in relation to defending claims of fraudulent misrepresentation regarding loans made to a football club
- advising a major property development and infrastructure company in relation to a corporate restructuring, in particular regarding trust issues