John advises clients on M&A, VC investments, joint ventures and other corporate matters.
He has advised on transactions in a range of sectors, including financial services, manufacturing, healthcare, education, real estate, energy and infrastructure. John also advises on restructuring and insolvency matters and financial services regulations.
John's experience includes advising:
- UEM Group on its disposal of a 55% stake in the concession holder of the Cipali toll road in Indonesia
- Marubeni on its investment in the Series B funding round of ePlane Ltd
- SoftBank Group on its Indian solar power joint venture
- TP ICAP on its acquisition of a controlling stake in a licensed money broker in Malaysia
- Marubeni on its Series A investment into AND Global, a fintech solutions developer
- Marubeni on its investment into and distribution arrangements with Skeleton Technologies Group OÜ, an Estonian ultracapacitor manufacturer
- Sojitz on its investment in and joint venture with a Dutch aircraft parts distributor
- a leading real estate firm in the Philippines on its takeover offer for a large property developer in Malaysia
- a global private equity firm on its acquisition of a medical laboratory services provider
John obtained a bachelor's degree in law and master's in corporate and securities law from the London School of Economics. He is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and as an advocate and solicitor in Malaysia.
John is fluent in English and Malay and has intermediate proficiency in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese.