John works on cross-border corporate and M&A transactions across a range of sectors.
He advises on corporate transactions in the manufacturing, healthcare, property, financial services and energy and infrastructure sectors. John also has experience advising on regulatory compliance matters and financial services regulations.
John's prior experience includes advising:
- a leading power company on its proposed acquisition of an independent power producer in Malaysia
- an engineering contractor in its bid for the construction and operation of Phase 3 of the Laem Chabang port development project in Thailand
- a leading real estate firm in the Philippines on its takeover offer for a large property developer in Malaysia
- a global private equity firm on its acquisition of a medical laboratory services provider
- clients involved in construction, mobile content and beauty treatment businesses on their listings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
John obtained a bachelor's degree in law and master's in corporate and securities law from the London School of Economics. He was admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2017.
John is fluent in English and Malay and has intermediate proficiency in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese.