John specialises in power, transport, water and other social infrastructure projects.
John acts for sponsors, lenders, equity investors, major works contractors and government. His vast experience in negotiating the complexities of projects with many stakeholders makes him highly sought after by clients keen to ensure infrastructure is delivered successfully, on time and to budget.
John also advises on private infrastructure investment and construction and engineering projects, and has assisted in infrastructure projects in the USA, South East Asia, China, Chile, UAE and the UK. He is a member of the Committee for Melbourne and a Director of Asialink.
John's experience includes:
- led Transurban’s legal team in all phases of the Melbourne CityLink A$1.7 billion project. This is one of Australia’s largest private infrastructure tollway projects
- led OneLink’s legal team for the design, installation and operation of an automated fare collection system for the Metropolitan Public Transport system in Melbourne
- acted for City of Melbourne, National Mutual and Macquarie Underwriting in relation to the Victorian Airports Limited bid for Melbourne Airport
- provided transaction advice to local counsel in relation to the Kuala Lumpur City Centre development
- advised Intergen on the Millmerran Power Project
- Best Lawyers Australia Lawyer of the Year for Transportation (Road, Rail & Ports) for 2011
- Best Lawyers Australia in categories of Construction/Infrastructure, Project Finance and Development and Transportation 2008-2012
- Chambers Global Awards – leading individual in Projects and Project Finance 2002-2012
- Legal 500 Asia – Pacific leading individual in Construction 2000-2012
- 'Excellent infrastructure lawyer say clients'.
John is former Head of the Melbourne Office and International Managing Partner. He has worked extensively on private infrastructure investment, construction and engineering projects with particular expertise in transport (road and rail), water, power and social infrastructure projects. He has also worked on infrastructure projects in the USA, South East Asia, China, Chile, UAE and the UK and is a Director of Asialink.