Joe is a senior associate in our London Competition, Regulation and Trade practice and a qualified solicitor advocate. Joe has experience in all areas of EU and UK competition law, including merger control, behavioural advice, antitrust investigations and competition litigation as well as experience in advising on both contentious and non-contentious regulatory issues. Joe has advised companies in a broad range of sectors.
Joe's experience includes advising:
- MUFG in connection with litigation stemming from the European Commission's infringement findings in relation to foreign exchange trading
- Sky on multiple matters including in relation to the Ofcom pay TV inquiries and the subsequent challenges by Sky and BT in the Competition Appeal Tribunal ("CAT") and Court of Appeal to the Ofcom requirement that it supply its Sky Sports 1 and 2 channels at regulated wholesale prices
- Google in connection with separate claims brought by Kelkoo and Connexity, operators of comparison shopping sites for abuse of dominance on grounds based on the European Commission decisions in Google Shopping and AdSense
- Bauer on the Phase 2 UK merger control review of its acquisition of certain businesses from Celador Entertainment Limited, Lincs FM Group Limited and Wireless Group Limited, as well as the entire business of UKRD Group Limited
- National Grid on its acquisition of Western Power Distribution, securing unconditional Phase 1 clearance