Jodi is a Senior Associate that maintains a general commercial litigation practice with experience in regulatory proceedings, construction, energy and mining disputes, and fraud recovery.
She brings a broad range of experience drawn from her practice in Australia and Canada to deliver practical advice and solutions for clients. Jodi prides herself on understanding the value of collaboration with clients to ensure they achieve their objectives.
Some of her experience includes:
- Acting for a global corporate in a CIETAC (China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission) international arbitration in relation to the supply of mining equipment
- Assisting clients in relation to ASIC investigations following the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial services industry
- Acting for a principal in relation to a dispute with a design consultant on a significant rail and road infrastructure project
- Acting for the owner of a gas pipeline in a claim relating to the shutdown of the pipeline
- Acting for a contractor in relation to a claim by a subcontractor involving delay and disruption allegations, unpaid creditors and quality issues
- Successful prosecution of a fraudulent conveyance/ preference action in which punitive damages were awarded
Jodi graduated with honours from Queensland University of Technology with a Bachelor of Laws and also holds a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice. She is admitted as a lawyer in the Supreme Court of Queensland.
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, she practiced as a barrister and solicitor in Canada.