Jin-Bum specializes in the examination of complex cases of white-collar-crime. He mainly advises the companies which fell victim to economic crime, recovering their damages by enforcing the claims against the perpetrators.
The main focus of his activities lies in dealing with extensive corruption and embezzlement cases. This includes the seizing of assets of the opponents, the judicial and extrajudicial enforcement of claims for damages of the injured companies, the support of internal investigations and the accompaniment of the prosecutorial investigations.
Furthermore Jin-Bum also advises companies preventively on compliance matters.
Jin-Bum's experience includes:
- an international automobile manufacturer in extensive and systematic corruption cases, especially regarding the internal investigations and the enforcement of claims
- the corporate defence of an international automobile manufacturer in connection with the Diesel emissions scandal
- an international technology company concerning preventive compliance counselling
- international investment firms on potential criminal risks and regulatory implications of investments into the US cannabis industry
- a medium sized foundry company on civil and criminal liability issues
Jin-Bum is currently based in Hong Kong and has spent 6 years in our Frankfurt office. Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2016, Jin-Bum worked for a German market leading law firm in Frankfurt which focuses on compliance and internal investigations. During his legal clerkship he worked for international law firms in Germany and Korea.