Jessica advises on a wide range of matters relating to a variety of intellectual property rights particularly in relation to major commercial IP transactions, whether mergers and acquisitions, commercial IP licensing, joint ventures or other complex IP structuring arrangements.
Jessica provides specialist advice for both the public and the private sector, and works regularly across a broad range of business and industrial sectors, having particular experience with technology transfer and licensing arrangements, and cross-border joint ventures.
Jessica’s recent experience includes advising:
- Genus plc in its collaboration with a Chinese entity to develop and commercialise, in China, gene-edited pigs, which collaboration centred on the licensing of related intellectual property rights and know-how.
- Virgin Atlantic on licensing rights and rebranding requirements following the acquisition of Flybe by a consortia
- A sports and entertainment company, advising on IP ownership and licensing in relation to the development of a live entertainment arena
- Gazprom in a cross-border technology transfer and licensing deal
- A multinational consumer electronics company on a trade mark dispute
- Mitsui on the IP aspects of the collaboration and development of a new app
- Francis Crick in the licensing of various patents to a diagnostics entity
- Movado Group intra-group reorganisation with associated IP licences
Jessica has a law degree from the University of Exeter, and a diploma in intellectual property law and practice from Oxford University.
She is admitted to practise in England and Wales, and in Ireland.