Jessica is a widely recognised leading international arbitration and dispute resolution specialist with over 20 years' experience working with international arbitration institutions and leading firms in New York and Asia.
Her practice focuses on large-scale international arbitration, litigation and regulatory investigations in China, Asia, Europe and the US, for clients that include Chinese state-owned enterprises (SOEs), multinationals and major regional corporates.
Jessica represents and assists clients in international arbitrations (including ICC, LCIA, CIETAC, HKIAC, SIAC, SCC, AAA/ICDR, BAC and UNCITRAL) and litigation matters inside and outside China in both English and Chinese languages, especially representing Chinese SOE clients in their overseas disputes and foreign clients in their China-related arbitrations.
She handles disputes relating to energy, infrastructure and construction, trade, international investment (eg Sino-foreign joint venture disputes), manufacturing, distribution, intellectual property and employment matters.
Her experience includes advising:
- a Chinese SOE in a multi-million US dollar SCC arbitration seated in Stockholm in relation to disputes arising from an international supply contract of drilling machinery concerning complex construction and quality issues
- a Saudi Arabia subsidiary of a Chinese SOE on a Singapore-seated ICC arbitration arising from an aromatic project subcontract governed by English Law in relation to a petrochemical project in Saudi Arabia
- a subsidiary of a leading Chinese energy company in a high profile LCIA arbitration seated in London against a Russian party relating to an acquisition of oil and gas assets in Central Asia, the total amount in disputes is around USD1.2 billion
- a Korean company in a CIETAC arbitration in Beijing against a Chinese shipping company concerning disputes arising from supply contracts of engines under Chinese law
- a BVI company in an Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) arbitration under Hong Kong law, concerning disputes arising from a multi-billion RMB acquisition of a well-known Chinese skin care group of companies
- a private Chinese company in two SIAC arbitrations in Singapore against US companies regarding China joint venture disputes in textile industry governed by Chinese law
- a Chinese SOE in a multi-billion dollar disputes against a US company in relation to production sharing contracts governed by Chinese law and potential UNCITRAL arbitration and ICSID arbitration
Jessica is qualified in New York State and in China. She is a native Mandarin speaker, fluent in English, and proficient in French. She has written articles and is a frequent speaker on topics related to international arbitration.
She sits regularly as arbitrator in commercial arbitration cases, and is listed on the international arbitrator panels of the ICDR, CIETAC, SIAC, HKIAC, AIAC, KCRB, CEAC (Chinese European Arbitration Center, Germany), Shanghai Arbitration Commission, Wuhan Arbitration Commission and Xiamen Arbitration Commission. Jessica is a member of the International Advisory Committee of the AAA/ICDR, a member of the CEAC Advisory Board, Vice President of the UIA Litigation Committee and China Chapter Chair of NYSBA (New York State Bar Association) International Section.