Jessica advises and represents clients in all aspects of business crime, with a particular emphasis on investigations relating to bribery, corruption, fraud and money laundering.
Jessica has worked closely with the UK Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority and HMRC on various matters including criminal investigations and criminal prosecutions. Jessica has represented a number of individuals both as witnesses in a criminal trial and under criminal investigation.
She completed a client secondment which involved leading internal anti-bribery and corruption investigations and implementing a global anti-bribery and corruption risk assessment.
Jessica also assists clients with complex, cross-border commercial litigation, most notably in the Commercial Court in London.
Jessica's experience includes:
- advising a financial institution regarding a criminal investigation and prosecution against a former employee for insider trading
- acting for a FTSE 250 company in a criminal SFO investigation arising from the actions of third parties in Asia
- advising Societe Generale on a US$1.5 billion claim by The Libyan Investment Authority in relation to a series of trades entered into between the two parties, in respect of which they now seek rescission and repayment of the premiums paid. The case involves claims of bribery and the making of intimidating threats
- implementing a global risk assessment compliance programme for a FTSE 250 company
- advising a number of clients on the associated money laundering risks of investments into cannabis-related businesses operating in the US and Canada
- advising four directors of a FTSE 250 company who acted as witnesses for the SFO in a recent criminal trial