Jessica advises and represents clients in all aspects of business crime, with a particular emphasis on investigations relating to bribery, corruption, fraud and money laundering.
Jessica has worked closely with the UK Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority and HMRC on various matters including criminal investigations and criminal prosecutions.
She completed a client secondment which involved leading internal anti-bribery and corruption investigations and implementing a global anti-bribery and corruption risk assessment.
Jessica also assists clients with complex, cross-border commercial litigation, most notably in the Commercial Court in London.
Jessica's experience includes advising:
- Roger Jenkins in respect of a prosecution of fraud charges brought by the SFO in respect of events surrounding capital raisings by Barclays Bank in 2008, on which he was acquitted of all charges in February 2020
- a financial institution regarding a criminal investigation and prosecution against a former employee for insider trading
- a FTSE 250 company in a criminal SFO investigation arising from the actions of third parties in Asia
- Société Générale on a US$1.5 billion claim by The Libyan Investment Authority in relation to a series of trades entered into between the two parties. The case involves claims of bribery and the making of intimidating threats
- a number of clients on the associated money laundering risks of investments into cannabis-related businesses operating in the US and Canada
- an individual in respect of the SFO’s investigation into affairs at Rolls Royce plc
- four directors of a FTSE 250 company who acted as witnesses for the SFO in a recent criminal trial