A graduate of the firm’s mainland China graduate trainee programme, Jeremy advises clients on cross-border M&A transactions, including private acquisitions, joint ventures and public takeovers. He also has deep experience in advising investment banks and issuers on complex capital markets transactions, with a focus on listings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Jeremy's experience includes advising:
Public and Private M&A
- Sun Art Retail on the HK$17 billion mandatory unconditional cash offer by China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited on behalf of Taobao China Limited to acquire all the issued shares in Sun Art
- Huaneng Renewables on the US$2 billion H share voluntary general offer by China Huaneng Group and the voluntary delisting from the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. This transaction was the largest privatisation of a Chinese state-owned enterprise from the Hong Kong exchange and the also the largest privatisation of a Hong Kong-listed energy company. This transaction has also been crowned “Deal of the Year” by IFLR 1000 China Awards
- Lenovo Group Limited on the subscription of shares by certain management members and Legend Holdings Corporation, including the application of a whitewash waiver and consent on special deal under the Takeovers Code
- ZhongAn Technologies, a subsidiary of a leading Chinese online insurance company, on the formation of a Hong Kong incorporated joint venture with Sinolink Worldwide Holdings Limited to explore investment opportunities in the areas of Fintech and Insuretec in overseas market
Equity Capital Markets
- BofA, Credit Suisse, UBS on the global offering and secondary listing of the shares of New Oriental Education on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Optima Capital Limited, as sole sponsor, on the share offer and listing of Left Field Printing Group Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. This transaction involves a first-of-its-kind transfer of listing of a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) to the Hong Kong Stock Exchange through a newly incorporated Bermudan entity implemented by way of a scheme of arrangement
- AsiaInfo Technologies Limited, the largest telecom software product and related service provider in China, on its HK$931 million global offering and listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. CLSA and Citigroup acted as joint sponsors to the listing.
- CICC and CEBI, as joint sponsors and underwriters, on the HK$2.93 billion IPO and spin-off listing of China Everbright Greentech on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
Jeremy is dual-qualified in both Hong Kong and England and Wales.
Jeremy received his LLB from Peking University in China and completed his Graduate Diploma in Laws (with distinction) and Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (with distinction) with BPP Law School in London.
Jeremy is fluent in Cantonese, English, Mandarin and Shanghainese.