Jeremy advises clients on transactions and projects across the energy, infrastructure and resources sectors.
In these sectors, he has advised on a range of market-leading transactions including mergers and acquisitions, divestments, corporate structuring and joint ventures. His expertise also extends to acting for mining and oil and gas proponents on the development and operations of their projects, including in relation to infrastructure, supply, marketing and other arrangements. Prior to moving to Paris, Jeremy worked in the Herbert Smith Freehills energy and resources team in Brisbane, Australia where he gained a deep understanding of the mining industry.
- Mitsubishi Corporation on its US$600 million acquisition of a 21.9% equity interest in Anglo American Quellaveco S.A., which owns the US$5.3 billion Quellaveco copper project in Peru
- Wesfarmers Limited on its disposal of the Curragh mine to the Coronado Coal Group for A$700 million
- Yancoal on its US$2 billion acquisition of Rio Tinto’s New South Wales coal assets being the Hunter Valley, Mount Thorley and Warkworth mines
- the Australian Commonwealth Department of Finance on the scoping study for Australian Rail Track Corporation and on the delivery of the Inland Rail project
- a confidential client in respect of its proposed acquisition of an upstream oil and gas asset in Egypt
- a confidential world-leading miner in relation to its metals marketing agreements