Jeremy is a disputes resolution lawyer who specialises in commercial litigation and arbitration. He deals with a broad range of contentious work, including shareholder and joint venture disputes, fraud and economic torts, company and director disputes, and complex contractual and M&A claims. He has acted on a range of multi-jurisdictional contract, shareholder and fraud claims.
Jeremy heads the firm's tier 1 civil fraud practice as ranked by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500. He is recognised as a "Leading Individual" in Legal 500 2021, where he is described as "tenacious" and "a very tough operator, who will really put the work in for his client." He has previously been described as "an outstanding lawyer" who has "excellent knowledge of the law combined with an imaginative, holistic and pragmatic approach" and is "highly analytical and … aggressive when need be" in Legal 500 UK 2020.
Jeremy's experience includes advising:
- International businessman, Vlad Doronin and his corporate vehicles, in relation to a high profile multi-jurisdictional joint venture dispute relating to the Aman Resorts luxury hotel group, including allegations of fraud, breaches of contract and fiduciary duties, and constructive trusts, and related injunctions, involving proceedings in London, BVI and New York (The Lawyer, Top 20 case)
- Jyske Bank in relation to high profile proceedings in Gibraltar in a claim that the bank had dishonestly assisted fraudulent conduct from an account holder (a law firm) which caused loss to third parties
- a major international mining company on various claims in Botswana, South Africa and London relating to the acquisition by a Botswanan company of mining interests, including a judicial review in South Africa and reckless trading proceedings against the government of Botswana, and an LCIA arbitration
- Qatari Diar in a high profile joint venture dispute concerning a share purchase agreement with CPC Group relating to the withdrawal of a planning application on the site of the former Chelsea Barracks (The Lawyer, Top 20 case)
- acting for various Russian investment vehicles and a Russian billionaire in a dispute with a Russian businessman relating to mining assets (including claims under an option agreement alleged to be worth in excess of USD100 million), involving an LCIA arbitration, proceedings and asset freezing in BVI and Moscow, and advising on potential action in Florida
Jeremy graduated from the University of Cambridge and has over twenty years' experience acting on disputes.