Jeremy's practice focuses on internal investigations, enforcement and compliance. He has a depth of experience in dealing with matters relating to financial crime and related regulatory work.
With more than a decade of experience, he has worked in Herbert Smith Freehills' London, Hong Kong and Sydney offices as well as at US and European global investment banks. He is admitted to practice in Hong Kong, New York and Australia.
He regularly assists institutions in managing the compliance and conduct risk associated with operating in a complex regulatory environment often in multiple jurisdictions. His experience includes advising on anti-money laundering, complex fraud, anti-corruption, cyber security, insider dealing, market abuse, corporate governance, market disclosure obligations, regulatory reporting and compliance framework assessments.
Jeremy's experience includes advising:
- A large listed property group in relation to a significant anti-bribery and corruption review in the context of a high profile public inquiry.
- A number of clients in both the financial services and wagering/gaming industries on anti-money laundering compliance and significant regulatory enforcement.
- A global investment bank in respect of enforcement action brought by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission relating to its conduct as a sponsor in IPOs for China based issuers.
- UBS in relation to the regulatory and criminal proceedings following the rogue trading incident in 2011.
- Acting for a global insurance broker in connection with regulatory enforcement action for failure to have in place appropriate anti-corruption systems and controls in relation to third party producers
Jeremy is admitted to practice in Hong Kong (2015), New York (2012) and Australia (2008). He holds an LLB (Hons) and BSc from the University of Western Australia, a GradDip, Banking from the University of London, an LLM (Distinction) from University of Pennsylvania Law School and a WBLC from the Aresty Institute at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.