Jenny is an extremely experienced financial services regulatory specialist, advising a wide range of financial institution clients on national and international regulatory challenges, both of a contentious and non-contentious nature. She also brings a strategic outlook from an in-house perspective having previously been regulatory counsel at a large UK bank.
Jenny helps financial services clients with a range of regulatory and compliance matters including investigations and enforcement proceedings as well as governance, conduct of business issues and skilled persons' reviews.
She is involved in the most high profile of contentious regulatory matters. Recent matters include key roles for global investment banks in relation to the cross-border FX investigations and in relation to the Panama Papers.
She also advises on large scale remediation programmes.
Her reputation as a key adviser on governance is reflected by her roles on the Salz Review of Barclays and the Kelly Review of Co-op, as well as advising on the PRA and FCA's report into HBOS.
Jenny has also advised a number of firms on the implementation of the UK Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
In her previous in-house role, Jenny was responsible for responding to a number of high-profile industry-wide regulatory interventions.
Jenny's experience includes advising:
- a number of banking groups on preparation for, and implementation of, the UK Regulators' new framework for individual accountability, the 'Senior Managers and Certification Regime'
- a global investment bank in relation to cross-border investigations and remediation in respect of foreign exchange (FX) trading
- a global investment bank in relation to its response to regulators in relation to the so-called Panama Papers
- a commercial bank in relation to an industry-wide review of the sale of interest rate hedging products to small and medium-sized businesses
- in relation to the PRA and FCA's report into HBOS published in November 2015
Jenny graduated from the University of St Andrews, Scotland in 1994 with an MA before attending Nottingham Law School.