Jenny has carved out a reputation for providing straightforward, solution-driven and commercial advice on a range of partnership and employment issues (including, on employment-related data protection issues).
Jenny is recognised as a "Rising Star" in Legal 500 (Employment – Employers and Senior Executives) 2020 and is described as "absolutely brilliant" and a "real rising star".
In addition to a full-service advisory practice, handling day-to-day employment and partnership queries (including on the appointment, retention and exit management of senior employees/partners), Jenny advises on the employment aspects of a broad spectrum of transactional matters, such as domestic and cross-border share and business acquisitions and disposals, outsourcings and real estate transactions. Her contentious experience includes handling litigation in both the Employment Tribunal and High Court, such as high value whistleblowing and discrimination claims and claims seeking injunctive relief (for example, relating to the enforcement of restrictive covenants and misuse of confidential information).
Jenny advises clients across a range of sectors, with a specific focus on those within the professional and financial services sector (including for firms incorporating an LLP or partnership within their structure) and the energy sector. Jenny has a particular interest in and is regularly involved in advising clients on internal investigations in the financial services sector.
Jenny works closely with colleagues and local counsel overseas to deliver advice on cross-border projects. She has previously spent time working in the firm’s employment team in Paris.
Jenny's experience includes advising:
- UBS on the internal investigation and regulatory enforcement action taken regarding trading losses of US$2.3bn caused by the activities of Kweku Adoboli
- a leading UK financial institution on the investigation of, and disciplinary processes related to, alleged mis-selling which was the subject of an FCA review (and various data subject access requests from customers in relation to such review)
- a number of global financial services institutions on the implementation of the new UK Senior Managers and Certification Regime and advising on the employment issues in the context of the new regulatory regime
- international financial institutions, an asset manager and several energy companies on multi-million pound whistleblowing and discrimination claims and High Court disputes
- various leading professional services firms on employment and partnership law issues, including designing and drafting complex service agreements and retention/incentive arrangements, performance management, contentious and non-contentious departures, restructurings, day-to-day HR advisory matters, handling data subject access requests and team move issues
- Stagecoach on the sale of its European Megabus business
Jenny studied at the University of Oxford (Hertford College) and graduated with first class honours in Law with French Law. She spent a year studying at the Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris 2) where she obtained a merit in French Law (Droit Français). Jenny trained at HSF and qualified into the employment team in 2009.