Jennifer’s practice covers both non-contentious and contentious financial services regulatory matters and banking litigation matters.
She has particular expertise advising global financial institutions on issues stemming from licensing, fintech, cyber-security, insider dealing and anti-money laundering regulation and compliance, and in relation to the impact of developments in Hong Kong's regulatory regimes.
Her extensive banking litigation experience positions her well to defend clients in complex regulatory investigations as well as enforcement actions.
Jennifer spent six months on secondment in the private wealth management arm of Goldman Sachs where she handled internal investigations and surveillance aimed at tackling non-compliance with Hong Kong's regulations as well as internal policies.
Her experience includes advising:
- a global financial institution in relation to the applicability of the Hong Kong licensing regime and ability to conduct certain types of transactions with counter-parties trading from various jurisdictions across Asia
- various fintech startups in relation to licensing and regulatory issues arising from their setup in various jurisdictions including Hong Kong and Singapore
- a global investment bank on Securities and Futures Commission investigations in relation to its role as sponsor on various Hong Kong IPOs
- the Hong Kong branch of a Middle Eastern bank in relation to a money-laundering, sanctions and corruption investigation by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- a Chinese brokerage group in relation to a cyber-security incident involving regulatory and litigation issues
- various international private banks in handling multi-million dollar claims brought by high-net-worth individuals, families and family offices for alleged unauthorized trading
- a regional private bank in defending a mis-selling claim involving allegations of insufficient due diligence on what later transpired to be a feeder fund for the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme
Jennifer was admitted to practice in Hong Kong in 2013. She holds a BSc (Hons) from Imperial College London and an LLB (Hons) from the University of London.