Jason is a Hong Kong law qualified solicitor and has a wide range of experience advising international and regional clients on corporate M&A transactions. His experience includes advising international MNCs, private equity funds and financial institutions on their commercial transactions in Hong Kong and throughout Asia, in particular, complex corporate transactions in the TMT sector.
Jason also regularly advises on data protection and privacy compliance within Asia, with a particular focus on Hong Kong, and also advises on the EU GDPR to non-EU based clients. Jason also has experience advising on financial services regulatory as well as telecommunication licensing matters, and also the Hong Kong listing rules and Hong Kong takeovers code.
Jason is fluent in English and Cantonese and business proficient in Mandarin.
Jason's experience includes advising:
- A major global financial institution on the set up of its virtual banking platform in Hong Kong, including in relation to a large number of outsourcing arrangements
- Reviewing commercial contracts for Global Switch's data centres based in Hong Kong
- Standard Chartered Bank on its US$3 billion technology transformation project
- A Hong Kong based mobile operator on its proposed network sharing joint venture with another mobile operator
- A major data centre provider on its template data centre services agreement for its operations based in South East Asia