Jason advises Australian and international clients on a range of public and private transactions including takeovers, schemes of arrangement, negotiated acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements.
Jason’s deep experience and knowledge in public M&A includes acting as an adviser to the Takeovers Panel on commercial and legal issues, where he also worked on takeovers policy and assisted in the management of applications before the Panel.
Jason’s experience includes advising:
- BINGO Industries on its $A2.3 billion acquisition by MIRA by way of scheme of arrangement
- Australian Unity Healthcare Property Trust on its response to the A$2.5 billion unsolicited proposal from NorthWest Healthcare
- Nippon Paper on its A$1.7 billion acquisition of Orora’s Australasian fibre packaging business
- Healthscope on its response to the approaches from the BGH-AusSuper Consortium and Brookfield and the successful A$4.5 billion scheme of arrangement and simultaneous takeover bid by Brookfield
- Coles on its entry into an incorporated joint venture with Australian Venue Co in relation to Coles’ hotels business (Spirit Hotels)
- Tabcorp on its successful A$11.3 billion combination with Tatts Group
- Integral Diagnostics on a number of acquisitions, as well as its successful defeat of the hostile takeover bid from Capitol Health
Jason holds a Bachelor of Laws (honours) and Bachelor of Business (majoring in banking and finance) from Monash University.
Jason has been admitted to practice in Victoria since November 2010.