Jared graduated magna cum laude from Brown University in 2010, obtaining degrees in Economics, with honors, and Political Science. He obtained his J.D. cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2013, where he was a Levy Scholar and served as Senior Editor and Associate Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Jared worked as an associate in the New York office of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP.
Jared is admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey.
Jared's experience includes:
- representing a United Kingdom brokerage firm in federal court litigation concerning fraud, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duty claims relating to an international lending transaction
- representing a global securities and investment group in federal court litigation concerning breach of contract relating to an investment fee dispute
- represented an international oil company in federal court litigation relating to a breach of contract dispute involving a series of oil shipments
- rdvised an international commercial products company on compliance with various aspects of U.S. sanctions policy in a global market
- represented a major U.S. investment bank and major U.S. insurance company in federal court litigation, FINRA arbitration, and federal and state government regulatory proceedings concerning securities fraud and complex mortgage-backed products relating to the 2007-08 financial crisis*
- represented a major U.S. commercial bank in federal and state court litigation and government regulatory proceedings concerning mortgage fraud and financial advisory practices*
- represented a non-profit voter advocacy organization in legal dispute with the State of Colorado in a potential federal court dispute over voter registration practices*
- advised the American Bar Association in amicus proceedings before U.S. Supreme Court and Circuit Courts of Appeal*
*experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
- "Compliance and Self-Protection in an Uncertain Sanctions Environment", The Anti-Corruption Report, Vol. 6, No. 21, 2017.
- Association of the Bar of the State of New York