Jamie advises clients on M&A, joint ventures and other corporate matters across Southeast Asia.
He has advised on transactions in a range of sectors, with a particular focus on infrastructure and TMT.
Jamie previously worked in our London office and completed an eight month secondment to the Special Situations Group of Goldman Sachs in 2016.
Jamie's recent experience includes advising:
- a data centre operator on the creation of a proposed Southeast Asian data centre platform joint venture with a sovereign wealth fund
- Keppel Group on a joint venture in relation to a data centre development in Indonesia
- Grab on various matters across Southeast Asia including an innovative a geomapping joint venture with South Korea Telecom
- AC Energy on the establishment of an Asia Pacific solar energy platform with UPC Renewables
- Dentsu Aegis Network on various matters across APAC including the acquisition of leading Chinese ecommerce company EBP Internet Technology
- UEM on the disposal of its 55% stake in one of the longest toll roads in Indonesia to a Canadian pension fund
- the founders on the sale of Allworld Exhibitions, a leading Southeast Asian exhibitions business, to a FTSE listed competitor
- Bharti Airtel on the disposal of its telecoms operations in Burkina Faso and Sierra Leone to Orange and its joint venture with Millicom in Ghana
Jamie qualified in 2011 with a leading Scottish firm and joined Herbert Smith Freehills in March 2015.