James advises on all aspects of commercial, retail, industrial and residential real estate projects. He has acted for institutional investors, real estate funds, publicly-listed corporations and private clients both in Australia and internationally.
James’ experience includes advising:
- QIC on a number of its key real estate matters, including the divestment of the ‘80 Collins’ mixed-use precinct in Victoria, comprising an existing 47 Level A-grade office tower, a new 35 level premium office tower, new retail podium and a new 255-room boutique hotel (A$1.5 billion)
- QIC on the acquisition of a 50% stake in ‘Pacific Werribee’ and ‘Pacific Epping’ in Victoria (A$1 billion) and the sale of 61 Mary Street in Brisbane (A$275 million)
- Accor on all real estate aspects of its acquisition of Mantra Group (A$1.2 billion)
- LaSalle Funds Management on the sale of ‘Home Hub Marsden Park’ and ‘Home Hub Castle Hill’ in New South Wales (A$436 million)
- Avid Property Group on the development of its Australian industrial portfolio, including ‘Swanbank Enterprise Park’ (end-value - A$300 million) and ‘New Base Business Park’ (end-value - A$152 million) in Queensland
- Consolidated Properties Group on all aspects of its ‘895 Ann Street’ and ‘900 Ann Street’ projects in Fortitude Valley, Queensland
James holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from the Queensland University of Technology and is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia.