James advises on all aspects of real estate projects, including:
- direct and indirect real estate acquisitions and disposals;
- commercial, industrial, retail and residential developments;
- major leasing;
- large-scale legal due diligence.
James has acted for institutional investors, real estate funds, publicly listed corporations and private clients, both in Australia and internationally.
James’ recent experience includes advising:
- QIC on the acquisition and disposal of a number of its key real estate assets across Australia, including the "80 Collins" mixed-use precinct in Melbourne, Victoria (A$1.48 billion), 50% stake in "Pacific Werribee" and "Pacific Epping" in Victoria (A$1 billion), 61 Mary Street in Brisbane, Queensland (A$275 million) and "Craigieburn Junction" (A$135 million) in Craigieburn, Victoria
- Link REIT on the acquisition of a 50% interest in the "Queen Victoria Building", "The Strand Arcade" and "The Galeries" in Sydney, New South Wales (A$532 million)
- Nuveen on the disposal of its 50% interest in Greenwood Plaza, 101 Miller Street and 103 Miller Street in Sydney, New South Wales (A$422 million)
- Consolidated Properties Group on its "895 Ann Street" and "900 Ann Street" developments in Brisbane, Queensland, together with other large-scale development projects and regional retail developments
- M&G Real Estate on the acquisition of a 50% interest in 200 George Street in Sydney, New South Wales (A$575 million)
- Abacus on the acquisition of 77 Castlereagh Street in Sydney, New South Wales (A$251 million) and other commercial CBD office acquisitions
- LaSalle Funds Management on the sale of "Home Hub Marsden Park" and "Home Hub Castle Hill" in New South Wales (A$436 million)
- J.P. Morgan on leasing across a number of its major tenancies across Australia
- ESR on the purchase of a logistics portfolio including 11 assets across New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria from one of its managed funds - Propertylink Australian Industrial Partnership II (A$302.5 million)
- NEXTDC on the acquisition and development of various office, development and data centre sites across Queensland, including its head office in Brisbane and SC1 Sunshine Coast Data Centre in Maroochydore, Queensland
- Avid Property Group on all aspects of the development and sale of its industrial portfolio in Queensland, including "Swanbank Enterprise Park" and "New Base Business Park"
- Optimus Developments on all aspects of the acquisition, development and sale of 22 luxury apartments at "31 Broadbeach" on the Gold Coast, Queensland
- Accor on all aspects of the real estate due diligence of its acquisition of Mantra Group across Australia (A$1.2 billion).
James holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from the Queensland University of Technology and is admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia.