James specialises in corporate, mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions and has acted for a wide range of clients across various industries.
James’ experience in and knowledge of public markets includes acting as a listings adviser at the ASX, where he worked on various listing rule matters concerning corporate transactions, disclosure and corporate governance.
James’ M&A experience includes advising:
- Healthscope in relation to the proposed $4.4 billion scheme of arrangement and simultaneous takeover bid by Brookfield (awarded M&A Deal of the Year and Australian Deal of the Year at the 2020 Australasian Law Awards)
- Amcor on the proposed US$6.8 billion merger with Bemis Company Inc and redomiciliation via scheme of arrangement, including an ASX Foreign Exempt Listing (awarded International Deal of the Year at the 2020 Australasian Law Awards)
- Aconex in relation to the $1.6 billion acquisition by Oracle by way of scheme of arrangement
James’ ECM experience includes acting for:
- Tabcorp on its $600 million accelerated renounceable entitlement offer with retail rights trading
- Cochlear on its $880 million placement and $220 million SPP
- Netwealth Group on its $840 million IPO (Australia’s second largest IPO in 2017 and awarded Best IPO in 2017 by FinanceAsia)
- Nuchev on its $117 million IPO