James specialises in corporate, mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions and has acted for a wide range of clients across various industries.
James has developed a breadth of experience acting for HSF’s clients across the firm’s Corporate, Disputes and Finance departments.
James’ Corporate experience includes advising:
- Healthscope’s response to the approaches from the BGH-AusSuper Consortium and Brookfield and the successful $4.4 billion scheme of arrangement and simultaneous takeover bid by Brookfield
- Amcor’s US$6.8 billion merger with Bemis Company Inc and redomiciliation to Jersey with a NYSE listing via scheme of arrangement and ASX foreign exempt listing
- Aconex in relation to the $1.6 billion acquisition by Oracle
- Netwealth Group on its $840 million IPO (Australia’s second largest IPO in 2017 and awarded Best IPO in 2017 by FinanceAsia)
James’ Finance experience includes acting for:
- BHP on its US$634 million refinance in relation to the Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group Coal Export Terminal
- BHP on Australian law aspects in relation to a multi-billion dollar US and Euro bond repurchase
- The lenders in relation to the $500 million refinancing of Bapcor’s existing debt facilities
- Growthpoint on Australian law aspects in relation to a US private placement
- Real I.S. on a $174 million property refinance
James’ Disputes experience includes advising:
- Murray Goulburn on the defences of class action proceedings and regulatory proceedings