James has acted for a broad range of clients in matters including complex contractual disputes, construction, property law, class actions, insolvency, banking, corporate law, insurance and debt recovery.
He served as the Associate to the Hon. Justice Hall in the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
James has appeared as counsel in Magistrates Court, District Court, Supreme Court and Federal Court proceedings.
James’ experience includes:
- representing one of the ‘big four’ banks in the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- advising and successfully representing a national construction company in a commercial arbitration
- conducting criminal prosecutions for the RSPCA, in respect of animal cruelty offences
- acting for a large insurer in defending bushfire negligence claims
- advising and representing a trustee in trust litigation, involving declaratory relief and allegations of breach of fiduciary duties
James holds a Bachelor of Laws with Distinction and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Western Australia. James is admitted as a barrister and solicitor in all courts in Western Australia and Victoria.