His practice focuses on investment funds, financial institutions and corporate borrowers in connection with financing transactions across the full credit spectrum, from loan origination and syndication, to restructuring and distressed investing.
In particular Jaime's areas of practice include acting for borrowers and lenders on acquisition, real estate and project financings, refinancings and restructurings.
In recent years Jaime has played an active role in the financing of real estate transactions and in the sale of NPL portfolios and REOs.
Moreover, Jaime has broad experience on the coordination of multi-jurisdictional transactions and the supervision of advice produced by local counsel.
- an international investment fund on the acquisition from Banco Sabadell of a €800 million NPL portfolio*
- an international investment fund on the €85 million financing granted by Bank of America Merrill Lynch for the acquisition of several hotels located in Mallorca and Ibiza*
- an international financial institution on the financing for the acquisition of several NPL portfolios for an approximate aggregate amount of €500 million*
- an international sponsor on the financing granted by a bank syndicate for the €1.1 billion acquisition of Urbaser from ACS*
- a bank syndicate led by Banco Santander, Caixabank and BBVA on the refinancing of the €440 million debt of Pascual group*
- a syndicate of international financial institutions and financial investors on the restructuring (via Scheme of Arrangement) of Cortefiel group*
- an international investment fund on the bridge bank financing and subsequent bond issue for the acquisition of a photovoltaic assets’ portfolio for an approximate amount of €135 million*
Jaime has a dual degree in law and business administration awarded by the Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE E-3).