Jahnavi is an aviation finance specialist advising a wide range of banks, export credit agencies, lessors, airlines and operators on the acquisition, financing and leasing of assets, including commercial aircraft, helicopters and business jets.
Clients describe Jahnavi as ‘very thorough’ and ‘able to explain complex issues in concise language’ across an array of aviation finance matters (UK Legal 500).
Jahnavi's experience includes advising:
- a major operating lessor on the PDP financing and sale and leaseback of two A330 aircraft for a Portuguese airline*
- the ECAs led by UK Export Finance and TD Bank N.A. on the financing of six A320 aircraft for IndiGo*
- CIT Aerospace on a number of operating leases, sale and leasebacks with carriers worldwide*
- Erste Group Bank AG on a number of limited recourse operating lessor financings*
- a US financial institution as to English law on a number of helicopter financings*
* Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Jahnavi is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales. She completed her law degree at the University of Cambridge and has since worked for international UK and US law firms, as well as spending time on secondment at a major aviation lessor in Dublin.