Jade is a disputes resolutions lawyer with experience advising a number of Korean conglomerates in multi-million dollar disputes.
She has experience acting for a number of international arbitrations as the lead associate.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Jade worked at other international law firms specializing in multi-jurisdictional litigations and arbitrations in the shipping and aviation industry.
Jade's experience includes advising:
- a major Korean insurance company on a shipbuilding insurance policy and the respective re-insurance policy
- Korean Charterers on a claim arising out of damage to cargo during carriage by sea
- Consortium of Korean construction companies on a US$600 million power plant dispute in the Middle East
- a Korean shipbuilding company on a dispute under shipbuilding contract following the buyer's default
- Korean owners on disputes arising from its operations, including issues arising from oil major vetting failures, salvage and unpaid hire/demurrage