Jacqui's main focus is employment law. She has experience considering the full range of employment laws including those related to discrimination, collective bargaining, employment contracts, policies and procedures, sales of business, restraints of trade, restructuring and retrenchments. In addition to advising clients on the law, preparing legal opinions and providing due diligence advice, Jacqui also represents her clients at internal hearings, the CCMA and the Labour Court.
Jacqui also has experience in immigration law.
Jacqui's experience includes:
- a confidential client in relation to an equal pay for work of equal value claim
- various confidential clients in relation to their obligations to employees in light of the global COVID-19 pandemic and the associated restrictions. This included advising on the regulations relating to working from home and or the office as well as the requirements to pay employees when they were not legally permitted to tender their services but could not work from home
- a confidential client in relation to disciplinary action taken against 50 employees for similar misconduct in the workplace. This included reviewing video evidence, drafting the complaints against the employees, preparing the client to conduct the internal disciplinary hearings and successfully representing the client in defending its decision to dismiss all 50 employees for misconduct
- a confidential client in relation to a sexual harassment claim instituted by an employee against a senior member of the management team
- various confidential clients in relation to due diligences from an employment law perspective including advising on high level red flag compliance issues