Jacob has assisted in disputes in the oil and gas, projects, infrastructure, pharmaceuticals, hospitality and logistics sectors, representing entities from private equity funds to state-owned entities. He is familiar with the major institutional rules including HKIAC, SIAC and ICC rules.
Jacob has experience advising:
- a Chinese state-owned oil and gas company and its UK subsidiary in a SIAC arbitration, valued in excess of USD 5.5 billion, in relation to a joint venture investment in offshore oil and gas assets
- one of Asia's largest private equity firms on a dispute against another leading private equity firm, arising out of the sale of its shareholding in a Korean company
- a Chinese pharmaceuticals company in relation to a dispute arising from its joint venture with a Italian pharmaceuticals company for product distribution in China
- a joint venture shareholder on a Beijing-seated ICC arbitration arising under a shareholders' agreement
- a major projects company to defend in an emergency arbitration relating to a joint venture dispute over infrastructure assets in the Philippines
Jacob is qualified to practise as a solicitor in Hong Kong, having graduated with first class honours in LLB from the City University of Hong Kong. Jacob is fluent in English, Cantonese and Putonghua.