Jacob is a Senior Associate with the Corporate team in Herbert Smith Freehills Prolegis in Singapore, focusing on Energy, Projects and Infrastructure related matters. He has broad experience advising and acting for clients on all aspects of project development across the value chain, both in local and cross-border matters.
On the construction and infrastructure development front, Jacob has worked on several high-value projects across various sectors located both domestically (in Singapore) and internationally. Such projects were developed across a span of different consultancy and construction agreement standard forms (such as the FIDIC, SIA and PSSOC forms), as well as bespoke contracts.
Jacob also has experience in the energy space (particularly renewables) having acted for several well-known industry players, and is familiar with various industry specific documentation such as power purchase agreements, various types of leasing agreements, renewable energy certificates etc.
Jacob's experience includes:
- advising and assisting the Yondr Group on all aspects of the development and construction of a 30MW hyperscale data centre in Mumbai, India
- advising ECO Special Waste Management on all aspects of the development of a soot processing facility for a project a with specialist gas multinational
- part of a team of lawyers acting for and advising Resorts World at Sentosa in a deal involving a S$4.5 billion investment to reinvigorate the existing Integrated Resort on Sentosa Island
- assisting the ENGIE Group in respect of the preparation of PPAs and Rooftop Leasing Agreements in relation to a project with LOGOS for the development of a regional renewable energy platform
- advising Cleantech Solar on the sale and purchase of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) based on the I-REC Standard issued based on the environmental attributes of electricity generated in a solar power plant in India
Read more about Herbert Smith Freehills Prolegis here.