Jacob advises clients across a range of industries and has experience in domestic and cross-border transactions. He has particular experience in advising on public and private mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures and corporate advisory matters.
Jacob’s experience includes advising:
- Link Group on its $102 million block trade of 10% of its stake in PEXA and distribution of the remainder of its shareholding in PEXA.
- Link Group in its proposed A$3.5 billion (EV) acquisition by Dye & Durham by way of scheme.
- Tassal Group on its proposed A$1.7 billion (EV) acquisition by Cooke Inc by way of scheme.
- Sydney Aviation Alliance, a consortium of investors comprising entities associated with AustralianSuper, IFM Australian Infrastructure Fund, QSuper, IFM Global Infrastructure Fund and Global Infrastructure Partners on its $32 billion acquisition of Sydney Airport.
- AMP on its acquisition of Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation’s (MUTB) 15% stake in AMP Capital for $460 million.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) on its sale of a 55% stake in Colonial First State to KKR, valuing Colonial First State, which has $135 billion in funds under administration, at $3.3 billion.
- Caltex Australia on its response to the A$10 billion (EV) Couche-Tard NBIO.
Jacob has a Bachelor of Science (Distinction) and Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of New South Wales. He is admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.