Julia is an Associate in our Technology, Media and Entertainment, Telecommunications, and Data team.
Julia is a commercial and transactional lawyer who has advised on a variety of commercial technology, outsourcing, telecommunications, media, and data privacy matters. She acts for clients across a broad range of sectors, including consumer goods and services, insurance, public sector, and financial services. Julia has also advised on the full life-cycle of data protection issues, such as policy design, global compliance advice, and data breaches.
Julia has been seconded to Sky (Acquired Content) and to Royal Mail (Commercial Transactions). She is on the committee of the Digital Media Group, which forms part of the Society for Computers and Law.
Julia holds a Bachelor of Arts (First Class) in History and Politics from the University of Warwick, a Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction) and a Master of Laws incorporating the Legal Practice Course (Distinction) from BPP University (London). Julia spent her Year Abroad at Sciences Po in Paris and is fluent in German, French and Polish.
Experience & expertise
- DeNA, a leading Japanese mobile game developer, on a global regulatory survey of mobile gaming and gambling regulations, as well as the end user licence agreements and privacy policies for use in several key markets for the launch of a new mobile game
- a major UK government department on the re-procurement of its end user computing devices and related technology support services, including end user support, device management and local infrastructure management
- ElectraLink, a data transfer service communications network to electricity market participants, on data transfer agreements in the electricity industry, data analysis activities and the use of industry data
- a leading energy company on drafting and negotiating commercial terms with a leading crypto exchange and technology university, regarding the development, operation, and marketing of a blockchain-based decentralised autonomous organisation (DAO) in the UK and US
- KodyPay, a UK fintech startup which revolutionises the payment of goods and the way that customers and merchant retailers interact, on data privacy matters including advice on use cases and drafting of privacy policies