Josh is a Senior Associate in HSF’s Projects, Energy & Infrastructure practice based in Melbourne.
Josh advises clients in the renewables, power, and broader energy and infrastructure sectors across Australian, regional and global markets, and specialises in the procurement, financing, operation and maintenance, supply and offtake, storage and grid connection arrangements for large-scale infrastructure and energy projects.
Josh has a team-first mindset, and prides himself on working collaboratively with his clients to best achieve their strategic objectives in developing and financing projects. Josh has a deep interest in all aspects of the energy and infrastructure sectors, and focusses his attention on providing practical, timely and easy to understand legal advice which is tailored to suit the commercial needs of his clients.
Josh holds a LLB and BIR from La Trobe University. Josh has worked in HSF's offices in both Melbourne and London, and is admitted to practise in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- TasNetworks in relation to the procurement and long-term operations arrangements for the 1,500 MW Marinus Link interconnector project between the Victorian and Tasmanian electricity networks
- EDEN, a joint-venture between Total EREN and EDF Renewables, in relation to the financing and development of a 300MW solar project near Rajasthan, India
- Transmission Capital Partners in respect of the acquisition financing of the 588MW Beatrice Offshore Wind Farm in Scotland
- Total EREN as sponsors in respect of the development of the 150 MW Kiamal Solar Farm – Stage 2 and associated BESS project in Victoria, Australia
- The sponsors (including Macquarie Capital, Northleaf Investments and Infrared Capital) in respect of the development, and various dispute-related matters, for the 150 MW Lal Wind Farm in Victoria, Australia