Joseph is a specialist on complex project development and infrastructure projects.
Joseph has a wide range of legal experience both in Australia and overseas on all aspects of major project transactions, including construction, procurement, PPPs, project finance and project development. His sector experience includes transport (rail, roads, ports and wharves), outsourcing energy, precincts, large scale commercial and residential developments, hospitals and defence.
He advises builders, corporate clients, project sponsors, government entities and lenders on a variety of matters including complex project and construction risk allocation, competitive tender processes, equity and debt financing, security arrangements, project and corporate due diligence, joint venture agreements and other company arrangements. In acting for all levels of participants in large scale procurement, Joseph has a unique insight into the commercial and policy drivers of both risk allocation and procurement processes.
Joseph holds bachelor’s degrees in both Laws (Hons) and Arts from the University of Melbourne.
Experience & expertise
- Transport for NSW on the Circular Quay Renewal project to deliver an upgrade and renewal of the Circular Quay ferry wharves and surrounding precinct.
- Hitachi STS Rail in relation to all aspects of its participation in the Sydney Metro Western Sydney Airport Stations, Systems Trains, Operations and Maintenance (SSTOM) bid process, including as a part of the Bradfield Metro Consortium.
- The financiers to the largest Public Private Partnership (PPP) in Australia, and the first PPP in the market to feature Alliance contracting principles; the A$11.1 billion North-East Link PPP in Victoria.
- A major Australian developer in respect of commercial and residential developments including the Melbourne Quarter Tower Precinct.
- Marinus Link in relation to the Marinus Link Project, proposed electricity and telecommunications interconnector between Tasmania and Victoria.